Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summertime.

Sorry I haven't updated lately.  There isn't a lot of CP-related stuff going on at the moment.  But I am enjoying my summer, as I hope you are!  Just for kicks, I thought I'd revisit my list of ten things I wanted/needed to do before the CP.  Some of the tasks are accomplished, some not.  But with a month left before I leave there's a bit of time to kill.

1. Complete my senior thesis. - This went very well!
2. Graduate. - Done!  My diploma even arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago.  I'll get it framed eventually.
3. Knit my birthday/graduation blanket. - Definitely didn't start this at all.  I discovered the joy of knitting instant gratification projects (hats, mitts, etc.) so this project is postponed.
4. Go to St. Augustine with my best friend. - We leave Monday!  She and I both need a vacation and I'm very excited.
5. Read as much as I possibly can. - Well this really can't be crossed off, can it?  I didn't read as much as I wanted to, but I did get a lot more leisure reading done than usual.
6. Move out of my apartment and find a place to store my stuff. - A work in progress.  There are some pieces of furniture that still need to be moved out, and my roommates and I need to clean out our kitchen soon.
7. Up my Netflix use. - Again, not really something that can be crossed off completely because of its vague nature.  But I definitely received/sent DVDs more frequently and used Watch Instantly a lot.
8. Work on my running. - I admit that I didn't do this.  But I did manage to make it to the gym several times this summer so at least I got exercise.
9. Get my own health insurance plan. - Finally, something that can be crossed off! :-)
10. Pack for the CP. - I have yet to start this one.  Most of my stuff is packed up in boxes while I move but it needs to be filtered through while I figure out what I'm actually bringing with me next month.

I guess looking at it this way, my summer to-do efforts look like a bit of a failure.  But that's the consequence of choosing vague goals!  And there were other things I did that aren't on this list I wrote several months ago.

The next couple of weeks before I leave will be very busy, as well.  Robin and I leave on Monday and get back the following Friday.  Then the next morning I'm getting on a plane for a weekend trip to surprise someone.  I hate flying so I'm bringing a book or two and hoping that the flights go by quickly.  I would bring some knitting, but getting needles on the plane is so dependent on the whim of the particular guard checking carry-on luggage that I won't bother.  When I get back from that trip, there will be less than three weeks left before check-in so it will be time to start seriously packing!

That's it for me today.  Take care of yourself, dear reader!

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com